2008年1月12日星期六

ayumi hamasaki : 浜崎あゆみ

ayumi * new *-Guilty



new single de ayu takin'2'myselfAyumi Hamasaki’s Talkin’ 2 Myself was certainly a surprise at her new sound. A stark contrast to BoA’s, where this one had only 5 rockin’ tunes. The title-track Talkin’ 2 Myself begins with some electronic piano and then blasts out in some heavy bass tones and orchestral sounds bud in from time to time. Decision too, starts with some guitar work and keeps the rock tones brought in from the song before it. In my opinion it is slightly softer, simpler, and not as layered, though the guitar bridge gives the other a running. We end with Fated (Orchestra Version), and I shall leave you hanging on that one!

Overall, coming from a more rock music background, its very obvious which one I preferred. Though I gotta say the fact that BoA didn’t scare me away was commendable. Don’t think I’ll rate them, since that is a very subjective thing to do, and I wasn’t listening to them that indepthly as I was writing.

没有评论: